Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Waiters are so gosh darn nosey!?

i hate going out to eat with people beacuse the waiters always are so nosey. i was out once and he approached us and said "who has the rock lobster" why would he say that? i hardly think its any of his business who has the rock lobster. and they always want to know what your having, i mean why? don't ask me what i'm eating, its none of your damn business..





waiters are so damn nosey



Ugh, I know! And the whole "what can I get you to drink from our bar today?" Does he just ASSUME I'm an alchy or something? It's none of his damn business, thank you very much! And on that note, no, Pepsi is NOT ok!!




I highly doubt that the waiter just came up to you and asked "who has the rock lobster" for the hell of it. Was he bringing some butter or something else that went with the rock lobster in which case he would need to know who actually had the rock lobster? I think so. Or perhaps he was bringing you your food and didn't know who ordered it? They ask you what you want so that they can bring it to you. They can't read your mind. Oh and the reason they ask if you want anything from the bar is because alcohol is more expensive than a soft drink. They're trying to run up your bill in hope of a better tip. It's really just common sense.




When I was a server, I called that "cattle-calling". Sometimes it would be me delivering someone else's plates and they didn't arrange their order right, so I'd have to ask. Other times during larger parties even though I'd have my orders arranged, people would switch seats without me knowing, so I'd have to cattle-call "Prime rib with horseradish, medium? Prime rib with horseradish, medium?" And yes, I hated having to do that, I felt like I was talking down to them. But it was the only way to make sure the right food got to the right people.




I think you confuse nosy with interest. Good servers try to establish rapport. Bad servers cross the line and take over conversations. Most people are afraid to piss off the server for fear something will happen to their food. Be careful.




Then why are you going out to eat? Just go to the store and buy what you want. Weirdo!




Don't they have to ask you that to know where to set your plate at?

No comments:

Post a Comment